...when it suddenly clicks...

Friday, November 17, 2006

sing through memory lane

tell me if you know the songs, bet u dont know all of them! ok so the stories are kind of messed up but i needed to put the songs in there somehow! also the words might be slightly changed to fit the story. all the songs are in quotes.

a trip down pop lane:
"a long long time a go i can still remember" when i would "put my hand upon your hip" and we would dance for hours infron tof the mirror "anyone can see the road that we walked on was paved in gold its always summer, we never got cold, never got hungry, never got old and gray". everything seemed "coposetic" until one day you told me you were leaving and you said "save tonight, and fight the brake of dawn, come tomorow, tomorow i'll be gone" we tried but the next morning you wer gone i thought to myself "i hate the world today". i started crying "where o where can my babe be, the L-rd took her away from me" . day in day out i went about my mondane activities but the nights were the hardest because "another night another dream but always you, its like a vision of love that seems to be true" but then i'ld wake up and it was all a dream. until one day at the coffe shop this girl asked me out so i told her "if you wanna be my lover" you have to give me something that i've always wanted because "all that i want is another babe". so we decided to take it slow and went into the candy store, she asked do you smell that when i said know she said, "i smell and sex and candy here" and for the first time we kissed. for the first time in my life "i saw the sign" and things were so clear. i dont know how she could like me "because i'm teenage dirtbag babe" but "she like me for me" . i guess life it funny like that,"its somethng unpredictable, but in the end its right" and it wasnt over yet. when i got home there was a surprise waiting for me at my door it was ex and she said "you still my sunshine". that's my story but "trust me on the sunscreen"

a trip down country lane:
this is the story of agirl who "she's gone country". one day when i was "telling my dreams to the scarecrow" and eating soem BBQ we were talking about "where i come from" when all of a sudden my hand slipped and "i got staind on my white t-shirt" and then along came none onther than bobby jo and said, nice going fipsy, well "fancy was my name" so i yelled at him "kiss this, and i dont mean on my rosy red lips" he quickly turned around and said i used to pray that you would like me but now "i thank G-d for unanswered prayers". well that got me mad, and i said; how do you expect me to compete with your 400 girlfriends," #5 just cries a river on end, 7 wants to tie you up and drown you in again 13, just wants to say so long by gones, 32 wants to do things to you that will make you blush" then b4 i knew it, he was right next to me sayin,you know "my love is deeper then the holler, stronger than the wind blows, and honest a robin on springtime window sill and longer the song of wipper will" so what do you say will youcome with me to the "concrete angel" dance we're only "young" once? "and i said yes, and he said wow, i said when, and he said how about right now." and "we danced" after he asked me "how do you like me now" but before i could answer "the thunder rolled and the lightning striked" we ran for cover under a tree an i told him what my grandma told me everytime it rained that "there's holes in the floor of heaven and tears are comming down" he responded that they better be putin in a good word for us because "we need some help, down here on earth" and we both lauphed! i looked into his eyes and said, thank you. he looked into mine and said "you dont owe me a thing, i've been there too" out of no where, he grabbed my arm and said lets "run through a two lane highway...cuz it sure looks like a good day to run." i said are yo crazy i'm gonna go home and "praying for daylight waitin for that morning sun" a with that i was off.

now for all you angster fans out there's here;s my version of the friday night list, if i made any errors keep them to yourself!:)
Tottie- "Hashem made an angel"Ema- "the little bird"/ "another day"
Etty-"the 59th street gang"
chanie-she doesnt have one; we have to get her one!
yehuda-" hue klalyankel/jo demajios card"(basicaly any journeys song)
frumie- "the sun is going down"
pesh-every song
sa'adia-"my zaide lived with us in our parents....he spoke about his life in rehab"
muskha-some song from camp that no one knows
yosef-"i was made way back in 1842"
menachm-"moshiach lechem oomasaiyem>"
shterna-"you've got to show the world/ kole am mispalel"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i do not sing 59th st. gang...... thats chanies...
menachem loves na na nachman nachman meuman.... serena loves the haben yaker li efraim (dveykus version).... i love tzama lcha nafshi!
but close......... fun songs.........

Pre-K @ Cheder Chabad said...

hello growing up that was ur song b.c chanie says she doesnt sing it u do!

Anonymous said...

no i don't.... well maybe i do..... but its not my song!!!

Anonymous said...

nice work. what about a classic rock version?